A well-maintained workplace creates a positive impression on clients, but also promotes good health and safety practices. However, not all areas in an office require the same level of cleaning and attention. Some spots are more prone to collecting germs and dirt, which can lead to the spread of illness and lower air quality.
Opting for a reliable company in Towson to provide you with comprehensive janitorial services can help you keep proper maintenance of your work environment, but knowing how to prioritize certain areas is always beneficial. Read on to find which spots need more attention.
What are the most important areas to clean?
When it comes to the regular upkeep of your office, it’s important to focus on certain areas more than others to create a healthy workspace for your employees and visitors. Check out what these areas are:
The break room
The break room is a high-traffic area where your employees gather to eat, drink, and socialize. This space can quickly become a breeding ground for germs and bacteria if not taken care of regularly. Some common areas that require regular cleaning in this room include:
- Countertops and tables: Wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant, paying special attention to areas where food is prepared and consumed.
- Refrigerator and microwave: Clean the inside and outside of the refrigerator and microwave at least once a week to prevent the buildup of food debris and odors.
- Sink and dishes: Make sure the sink is emptied and disinfected every day, and that any dishes left in the break room are washed and put away.
The bathroom is another area in your office that requires special attention. It’s important to keep this space clean not only for hygiene purposes but also to avoid any legal issues that may arise from unsanitary conditions. The areas that require regular maintenance include:
- Toilets and urinals: You should disinfect these fixtures at least once a day to prevent the buildup of bacteria and germs.
- Sink and countertops: Wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant to prevent the spread of germs from handwashing.
- Floors and walls: Mop the floors and clean the walls regularly to prevent the buildup of dirt and grime.
High-touch surfaces are areas in the office that are frequently touched by multiple people, making them more prone to collecting germs and bacteria. These surfaces include:
- Door handles: Disinfect door handles at least once a day to prevent the spread of germs from hand contact.
- Keyboards and mice: These devices should be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe or cleaner at least once a day to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- Phones: Phones are also a common source of germs in the office, so make sure to wipe down the handset and keypad regularly.
Desks and workstations
Your employees spend a significant amount of time at their desks and workstations, making it important to keep these areas clean and hygienic:
- Desktops: Wipe down desktops with a disinfectant at least once a week.
- Chairs and armrests: These areas can also collect germs, so make sure to wipe them down with a disinfectant regularly.
Where in Towson can I hire reliable janitorial services?
Whether you’re wondering why having a hygienic work environment is important, how to properly maintain your office floors, or how to make your office cleaning more eco-friendly, Green Apple Cleaning is the team you can rely on. Our skilled and experienced technicians have what it takes to meet your needs and requirements. Whether you’re near the Hampton National Historic Site, or in any other nearby area, we’ll be there to assist you. Call today!