The reputation of your office or establishment partially rests on the hygiene and tidiness it maintains. However, whether your facility is big or small, keeping it spotless is not an easy task since it requires high attention to detail and a substantial amount of time.
Fortunately, there are reputable companies in Baltimore, MD and the area that provide comprehensive commercial cleaning. Hiring one of them allows you more time to run your business in a healthy environment.
Understanding the particulars of this type of service will help you make an educated choice when choosing which cleaning company to hire and ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained at your premises. Keep reading to learn more.
What is the difference between a commercial cleaning service and a janitorial service?
While commercial cleaning involves heavy-duty tasks that are typically required once or twice a year, janitorial services include smaller tasks you need to perform on a regular basis.
Commercial service usually includes:
- Tile and grout scrubbing
- Carpet washing
- Hard surface floor cleaning
- Window washing
- Upholstery and furniture disinfection
- Power/pressure washing
Janitorial services include the tasks that you normally perform every day, every week, or every couple of weeks:
- Bathroom, kitchen and break room disinfection
- Floor sweeping and mopping
- Carpet vacuuming
- Wiping down chairs and desks
- Emptying trash
How often should an office be cleaned?
The frequency with which you take care of your working environment mainly depends on the number of people that work there, including clients and visitors. For a small office with several employees, weekly cleanings are usually sufficient to keep everything under control.
However, a medium-sized office with about 20 employees will normally require disinfection two to three times a week. For large organizations that employ a lot of staff, it’s necessary to perform regular daily upkeeps, especially in sensitive, high-traffic areas such as the kitchen and toilet.
How do you keep your office clean and organized?
A good start for keeping your office always tidy and hygienic is creating a comprehensive checklist of the tasks that you should perform on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. However, there’s more you can do to make the process go more smoothly:
- Proper storage. Always have a designated place for everything from pens and calculators to important files. This way, you’ll be able to reduce clutter to a minimum. Shelves are excellent for placing labeled storage boxes so you can easily find what you need every time.
- Declutter. Take a couple of minutes each day to figure out what items, papers, or any other objects you don’t really need or use and see if anyone else needs them or if you can throw them away.
- Take turns cleaning. Feel free to remind everyone that keeping their space tidy and germ-free improves work efficiency, but also their mood. A great way to make it fun is to create a challenge. For example, the team or person whose area is the tidiest at the end of the week, gets a free breakfast or treats on Monday morning.
What company in Baltimore, MD, provides extensive commercial cleaning?
Ensuring your office is hygienic or taking special care of one particular area can be tricky and overwhelming. However, reaching out to Green Apple Cleaning makes all the difference. Our capable team of skilled and experienced technicians has what it takes to take care of your facility and keep it spick and span.
Whether your office is near Walter Arts Museum or anywhere else across the region, we’ll be right there to tackle it. Give us a call now!