The first impression a tidy office leaves on customers is important, but it’s equally important for employees to work in a space that’s neatly organized and well-maintained. Baltimore-based companies providing professional janitorial services usually bring their own equipment and tools, but do you know what exactly you need to keep your workspace pristine?
If you’ve ever wondered how professionals handle these tasks, our guide to essential office cleaning supplies is the perfect place to start. Let’s dive right in!
What do you use to clean an office?
The tools you’ll use in your office will depend on the services you’ll provide:
Chemicals and other hazardous substances can be present during scrubbing, wiping, and mopping, so obtaining the right equipment can help you avoid accidents and injuries.
- Hand protection – Wearing gloves can keep your hands protected from strong chemicals. During dusting and sanitizing tasks, transparent vinyl gloves provide effective protection, while rubber ones will offer greater protection during more challenging tasks.
- Caution sign – Preventing workplace injuries and potential lawsuits can be prevented simply by getting this sign in a timely manner.
Dusting & wiping
For thorough dust removal, be sure to have the following items handy:
- Microfiber cloth – Microfiber cloths are an excellent chemical-free option for getting rid of dust from your desk. Due to the positively charged nature of microfiber, it attracts and picks up negatively charged dust and dirt particles.
- Feather duster – Most people use feather dusters as they’re more affordable. Since you’ll be performing this task daily, it’s best to use a feather duster, but you can also use lambswool to keep things extra clean. Don’t forget to dust left to right and top-to-bottom.
- Alcohol-based products – Disinfection is the last and most important step. Using a cloth and duster only removes dust, but use an alcohol-based multi-purpose solution to deal with high-touched areas.
Thousands of dirt particles are transmitted on the floor as soon as you enter the office, requiring regular and thorough vacuuming and mopping. In order to do this, you’ll need:
- Quality vacuum cleaner – Make sure you invest in a multi-purpose vacuum cleaner with multiple attachments for quick access to every inch of the space.
- A mop and the right floor cleaner – Once you’re done vacuuming, use a mop soaked in the appropriate floor agent to sanitize the floors.
Keeping restrooms neat
Scrubbing, sanitizing, and mopping are all vital parts of restroom maintenance. In addition to the supplies listed above, you’ll also need:
- Sanitizers and disinfectants for restrooms
- Brushes and sponges for scrubbing bowls
- Refills for toilet paper, deodorants, and blocks
Additional supplies to consider
In addition to trash bags and sanitizers, your business may also require kitchen soap, paper towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizers. Also, a face mask and safety glasses may be a necessary part of your protective equipment.
What is the leading company in Baltimore, MD, that provides extra-detailed janitorial services?
If you think it’s about time to call in a reliable commercial service, or perhaps you’d like to know what professional office cleaning entails, Green Apple Cleaning should be your first call. We have a team of skilled and knowledgeable technicians ready to take on any cleaning challenge, no matter the scope.
It doesn’t matter whether you have a retail store, office space, or residential property near B&O Railroad Museum or elsewhere in Baltimore, our systematic approach will keep it well-organized and hygienic. Get in touch with us, and we’ll handle the rest!