An inevitable part of running an office is making sure it’s always tidy and hygienic so you can maintain appearances and ensure the safety of your employees. A healthy and enjoyable work environment keeps morale high, but also helps minimize the number of sick leaves.
When you want to take care of your business facility in Baltimore, MD, opting for professional office cleaning is the optimal way to do it. The experts know exactly how to tackle each task and use comprehensive checklists that enable them to clean every area to the highest standards. Read on to learn about what typically goes in these checklists.
What should an office cleaning checklist include?
Whether you’d like to encourage your team to take care of your environment, or you want to bring in the pros, the following list of necessary tasks will give you a better insight into what a regular office cleaning should look like:
Cubicles and desks
People spend most of their time working at their desks and cubicles, so these are the areas with the highest concentration of germs and bacteria. The following steps will ensure they stay organized and hygienic:
- Wipe down screens and keyboards
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces such as phones, keyboards, lamps, copiers, and staplers
- Dust shelves and desks
- Wipe down windows
- Empty trash and recycle paper
- Vacuum floors
Break rooms and kitchens
A lot of people pass through the break room and kitchen, carrying food and beverage and leaving behind crumbs and splashes. The tasks specific for keeping these areas tidy include:
- Discard leftover and expired food and wrappers
- Wash dishware and utensils and put away clean dishes
- Disinfect the inside of refrigerator
- Disinfect coffee machine
- Wipe down and disinfect tables and countertops
- Clean microwave and toaster
- Empty trash
- Mop the floor
Waiting areas and reception
Ensuring tidiness and hygiene of the areas such as the waiting room or reception where you welcome guests is important for making a positive impression on visitors, clients, and business partners. Here’s what to do to keep them fresh and orderly:
- Organize and wipe down the welcome desk
- Dust tables and shelves
- Organize magazines or books
- Wipe down windows and elements such as the company sign
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Empty trash
- Mop the floor
The bathroom is the area that requires a lot of elbow grease and detailed disinfection in order to be safe and hygienic for your employees to use. Here’s how to keep it that way:
- Scrub and disinfect toilets and sinks
- Remove paper towels and other trash that’s out of the bin
- Disinfect hard surfaces
- Wipe down mirrors
- Replace empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls
- Sweep and mop the floor
Outside the office
If your facility features an outdoor area, you should take some time to deal with that part as well and make it look orderly. These are the steps to take:
- Sweep branches, leaves, and any other debris near the front door and on the sidewalk
- Wipe down glass doors
- Clean welcome mats and make sure they’re in place
- Empty trash cans
What is the leading company in Baltimore, MD, that provides comprehensive office cleaning?
If you’d like to take proper care of your working environment, or you’re not sure how to deal with a specific area, Green Apple Cleaning is the company to call. Our professional crew of skilled and experienced technicians is capable of tackling any cleaning challenge.
Whether you need to take care of your business facility, retail location, tenant space, or your home in Baltimore, we can make sure it’s all tidy and hygienic by using our top-notch tools and supplies and meticulous approach. Spend a relaxing afternoon at Druid Hill Park and let us take care of the rest. Give us a call today and discover why we’re the best!